Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 01: 315 aspiring Yogis and lots of sun!

I've officially joined the "Bikram family" along with 315 yogis from all around the world. In a short span of time I've met people from 5 countries and those from across Canada and the US. It was sometime ago that I planted a seed in my head and heart about getting certified as a hot yoga instructor. I didn't know how or when this dream would become a reality but I'm here with the support of my loving husband, friends and family. What a gift, and I can't wait to share it!
I stepped into my first class back in 04' and fell in love. I proposed the idea of going to training to my husband without serious consideration since the training was in Alcapulco. Leaving to another country after a few months of marriage was NOT an option but I asked if would consider supporting me in leaving for the training if/when it came back to the States someday. I was delighted that the following year, this year, Bikram brought the training back to California! It's all been a blur, and at times I felt like a reckloose after leaving my cush 8-5 job at a wonderful non-profit with amazing people in a down economy. However, I know deeply that this is the path for me...although I'm sure I'll be thinking otherwise at times throughout the training.
I have to say I feel like I hit the jackpot. I have an amazing husband who blessed me to pursue this path and now I am sitting in the lobby of the Marriot hotel anticipating my first yoga practice with some 315 yogis that have the same passion and heart to learn and share the "gift." Seriously, this is going to be my job?! A blessing I count in a BIG way. I hope to become the best I can be and just soak in this time.
A few things I took away from orientation is to be open and be present and without expectations, I'd like to apply this to the training as a whole and through each practice and lectures. Be humble and willing to learn.
namaste!

2 comments:

  1. go get em hanna...be the best Yogi you can be, YEAH!!!!! You go girl!!! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

    -Savasana, purasana, vivasana, pochostana.
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete